Technology Services Distribution innovator Intelisys Global suggests that 2018’s digital transformation agenda makes it critical for resellers to broaden portfolios if they’re to avoid leaving potential deals on the table
London, UK (14th December, 2017) – Intelisys Global, the Technology Services Distributor of business communications services, has identified SD-WAN, security and Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) as key channel growth opportunities for 2018.
Intelisys Global believes that 2018 will see the channel working to build better, stronger and more lucrative cloud opportunities. However, this will require partners to build out their cloud practices – particularly in added value areas such as SD-WAN, security, UCaaS and more structured digital transformation services.
“While headline trends such as cloud, mobility and big data are exciting drivers of digital transformation, the growing reality is that these innovations can add stress to operations unless you ensure that your underlying infrastructure keeps pace,” commented Stephen Hackett, Managing Director for Intelisys Global. “That’s why we see a growing opportunity in 2018 for channel players that can serve as trusted advisors and help organisations navigate more complex cloud choices. Having access to both the skills and solutions around core technologies such as SD-WAN, security and UCaaS will help forward-thinking Sales Partners to keep customers’ connected businesses collaborating quickly, cost-effectively and safely through 2018 and beyond.”
Intelisys Global works with the world’s leading telecom carriers, cloud services providers and technology partners, providing its Sales Partners with the solutions and enablement services needed to provide in-demand propositions based around 2018 opportunities such as:
- SD-WAN – while 2017 has seen considerable early adoption in software-defined WAN technology, continued cloud take-up is clearly driving SD-WAN forwards, with analyst firms such as IDC forecasting compound annual growth of almost 70% by 2021. SD-WAN and its potential for added value managed services will become an increasingly strong partner proposition, and we expect it to prove a particularly strong proposition for Intelisys Global Sales Partners in 2018.
- Security – major 2017 attacks such as Wannacry only served to highlight the sheer scale of the security challenge for in-house IT teams. Whether it’s security hardware, software, endpoint security, identity and access management or simple compliance requirements, it’s almost impossible for organisations to keep on top of this challenge. Cybersecurity – and Managed Security propositions in particular – therefore present a great opportunity for the channel, with budgets expected to grow by some 38% over the next two years. However, many channel partners remain unsure whether they have the technical skills to deliver a true Managed Security Service for customers, and they need to address this before their competitors seize the opportunity.
- Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) – Adding UCaaS to your cloud portfolio can open up significant new engagements for sales partners, with opportunities to keep on moving up the value chain – particularly as the latest class of cloud-based UC services can not only lower the cost of collaborative communications but also unlock enormous operational benefits. UCaaS also benefits partners thanks to its relatively short sales cycle, while its ability to positively impact customer experience while also driving efficiency, productivity and cost savings makes it an attractive offering for 2018.
- Digital Transformation acceleration – most organisations are good at talking about Digital Transformation, but they can quickly come unstuck when they actually have to deliver on the IT infrastructure needed to underpin their commitments. 2018’s smart channel partners will be those ready with the potentially complex ‘lift and shift’ services in place that are needed to kick-start transformation initiatives – whether that’s establishing and running a hybrid cloud environment, or actually designing and commissioning a comprehensive data centre and back-up capability ready for full on premise deployment.
- Competitor lock-out – Competitive pressures mean that today’s CIOs need to move quicker than ever before, so it’s incumbent on channel partners to have as broad a cloud portfolio as possible to mitigate the risk of facing additional suppliers within accounts. Having access to 2018’s key technology solutions will ensure that Supplier Partners can both deliver both commoditised cloud technologies while still also taking advantage of newer, higher value cloud revenue streams.
“Given the increased demand for SD-WAN, security and UCaaS solutions, it’s imperative that resellers have both the confidence and capabilities needed to address some of today’s most attractive cloud business opportunities,” continued Hackett. “Working with a specialist Technology Services Distributor such as Intelisys Global means that our Sales Partners have access to all the skills, technologies and expertise they need to address more complex cloud business opportunities, as well as the support required to evolve towards more profitable Managed Service engagements.”
Visit IntelisysGlobal.com to watch “What is a Technology Services Distributor?” for a quick and easy explanation of the successful two-tier distribution model Intelisys Global is bringing to Europe and beyond. Watch “What is a Sales Partner?” to see exactly how resellers, telecoms consultants, VARs, MSP and IT solution providers both operate and thrive under the Intelisys Global model.
About Intelisys Global
Intelisys Global is a technology services distributor of business communications services—including voice, data, access, cable, collaboration, wireless and cloud—in the world. Intelisys Global is dedicated to one thing – serving the needs and accelerating the success of the industry’s top producing telecom sales agents, VARs and IT solution providers, as they build vast and vigorously protected streams of recurring revenue for their businesses.
Today, Intelisys Global is focused on empowering and educating the independent sales channel by assisting business telecom and cloud technologies customers in making informed choices about services, technology and cost savings; increasing their purchasing power; protecting their contracts and increasing their revenue opportunities. Intelisys Global delivers the best carrier neutral solutions to end-user customers through its Partner community – an elite global network of telecom sales and consulting professionals.
Marketing Communications Manager, Intelisys
Comma – PR for Intelisys Global